I'm almost done with the first draft of my new book!
Percentage complete is based on an estimated end book length of 450 pages. I think the first draft of the book will be a bit shorter than that, as I've only got 5 or so scenes left to write.
I've found it quite fun writing a new book, although a bit challenging. Writing sequels in the Runic series was relatively easy, since I had a full cast of characters and settings already created. Kalibar, Erasmus, Kyle, and the other characters practically write themselves now, as I've noticed writing the first draft of the fourth book.
Starting over from scratch with a whole new cast of characters, and describing a completely new setting, is much harder. It takes time for the characters' personalities to materialize, for them to come to life for me. The more I write about them, the more I get to know them...and the more forceful they are in directing their stories. For it doesn't seem that I'm the one writing about them...they write themselves, and correct me when I get it wrong. I am merely a transcriptionist, doing as I am told.
I'll keep you posted on my progress, both here in my blog and on the graphs on the home page of my web site!